Mr. Terry co-founded Highland Associates in 1987. He is currently Chairman of the firm and is a voting member of the Investment committee. Before starting Highland Associates, Mr. Terry worked in the Investment Management Consulting Group of Interstate/Johnson Lane securities. Mr. Terry holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Davidson College. He is a CFA charterholder.
Boards and Committees:
- Protective Life Corporation, Board of Directors, also serves on the Risk, Finance & Investments Committee, the Compensation & Management Succession Committee and the Audit Committee
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater Alabama Council – Executive Board, formerly Board Chairman
- Birmingham Museum of Art, Finance Committee
- Birmingham-Southern College, formerly Board of Trustees, and Finance & Investment Committee Chair
- Mountain Brook City Schools Foundation, formerly Executive Committee and President
- Nature Conservancy Board Member, Alabama chapter – former Trustee